The success of our safe house programs and services is largely dependent on support provided by caring volunteers. Our Direct Care ministry offers both long- and short-term opportunities for service in areas such as home maintenance, life skills, mentoring programs, educational opportunities, and Bible studies.
To ensure you are set up for success, your safety, and the safety of our residents; volunteering at the Safe House requires more in-depth training.
- Human Trafficking 101 Schedule
- Survivor Care Training Schedule
- Realities of Aftercare Training Schedule
- 6 months of prior volunteer service with Poiema
After completed the above required training, the following documents must be provided. We value those who want to help us empower our residents through direct care at our Safe House. Please contact us if you have any questions about volunteering with our residents.
- Pastoral Referral (PDF) - Download this form for your paster to fill out.
- Volunteer Application (PDF) – Download and complete this form.
- Confidentiality Agreement (PDF) - Download and sign this form.
- Statement of Faith (PDF) - Download and sign this form.
- Nondisclosure Agreement (PDF) - Download and notarize this form.
- Background check - You will receive an email to authorize the background check after completing all required training.
- Waiver of Liability - Electronically signed when you signup to volunteer at our Safe House.