Dear Poiema Family,
In this season of Thanksgiving, we want to intentionally pause and praise God for just a few of the many blessings Poiema received this year. First and foremost, we are grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is because He first loved us that we are able to love and serve others. We are also grateful for YOU, our Poiema champions! Your faithful prayers, hours of volunteering, and generous donations make our work possible.
Hebrews 13:15 says, “Through Him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge His name.” We would like to praise God for the following successes:
- Honoring our volunteers at our annual Kickoff & Volunteer Appreciation hosted by Stonebriar Church
- A beautiful groundbreaking ceremony for our Safe House addition- the project should be completed by year end
- More than 3,000 people received human trafficking education so far this year
- Our Golf Tournament, in partnership with Bent Tree, was not rained out and was very successful!
- Mid-Cities Bible Church became a new Outreach partner.
- More than 250 volunteers spent over 2,000 hours distributing posters of missing kids
- Poiema touched the lives of 50 trafficking survivors this year
One of our most wonderful celebrations in 2022 was throwing a graduation party for a lovely survivor we met back in the midst of COVID! When all shelters were shut down, during the height of the pandemic, we received an application for a woman in need of housing. We had a room available, but it was such a scary and uncertain time, we were torn on how to proceed. Poiema has an incredible staff with deep faith. We prayed and unanimously came to the decision to accept residents into our safe house, even with the danger of COVID. We are so grateful we made this choice! Over the past two years, we’ve had the opportunity to build a deep relationship with one of the women we met in 2020. Poiema has supported her on her healing journey and watched her set and achieve goals. This spring we threw a graduation party for her when she received her associates degree, and we continue to support her as she considers opportunities for further education. Please pray for her as she navigates her healing journey and plans for her future.
We pray you have a sweet Thanksgiving Season with your loved ones and have an opportunity to thank the Lord for the blessings He’s provided your family. Give thanks to Lord for He is good; His love endures forever!
In His Service,
President & Executive Director
Groundbreaking Ceremony Spring 2022